ETC ION 3072
With the ease, power and operational style of Eos in a small, affordable package, Ion’s small footprint – 19” wide only – is the perfect solution for space-challenged environments and small venues. Providing fully integrated control of conventional and moving lights, Ion packs a punch.
Elegant, highly intuitive and simple to use, Ion will satisfy the needs of beginners and pros alike. But you don’t need a PhD in Ion to use it! Start with the everyday (channel 5 at full) and let the full potential of Ion – like the powerful effects package, marking and timing functions – unfold with your experience. And it’s an easy step from Ion to Gio or Eos, so the knowledge gained will work for you professionally for years to come.
Ion sports a generous programming keypad, dedicated encoders for non-intensity parameter control, a grand master and blackout button, as well as a master split fader. For more hands on control, Ion hosts up to six USB fader wings – the 1×20, 2×10 and 2×20 – for a total of 300 additional submasters with paging controls. The desk can support one or two external high-resolution DVI monitors, which can also be touchscreens.
Ion is configured 3072 outputs. Each of these versions supports 10,000 channels, which can be numbered from 1 to 99,999. A networked Ion system can support four discrete control inputs, including a combination of Ion desks, Ion Remote Processor Units – for synchronized backup or stand-alone lighting applications, Net3 Remote Video Interfaces or PC’s/Mac’s running the Eos Family Client Software. Remote control is also provided with the Net3 Radio Focus Remote, iRFR or aRFR.
Use Ion in a stand-alone system or as a remote programming station for an Eos or Gio system. When Ion is used as a client in an Eos or Gio system, it supports the full output of that host system.
More information about compatible touch screen monitors…
Ion Software Features
- output channels as standard
- Dedicated master playback fader pair
- Dedicated grand master and blackout switch
- 999 cue lists
- 200 active playbacks
- 300 submasters
- 4 x 1000 palettes (Intensity, Focus, Color, Beam)
- 1000 presets, effects and macros
- 4 pageable encoders
- Channel summary or table views, user configurable in live/blind
- Blind spreadsheet views
- Offline programming on PC (Windows 7 or XP) and native on Macintosh (Intel)
- Data import from ETC Obsession, Express/ion, Emphasis, Congo and Strand Show files via ASCII
- Show file compatibility with Eos and Element
- Client/server networking and synchronized backup
- Supports up to two high-resolution DVI monitors
- Integral LCD for softkeys and non-intensity parameter control
- 2 x DMX512 outputs, RDM ready
- ETCNet2 and Net3 native
- Artnet and Avab UDP optional
- Hard disk memory and USB compatible external storage
- MIDI In/Out (additional time code functions via external gateways)
- Contact Closure Triggers
- 5 multipurpose USB bus (pointing devices, printer, mouse, keyboard, touchscreens, flash drives)
- Audio In/Out
- Phone remote control